When it comes to having your commercial premises cleaned and maintained, it’s important that you understand the services that are available to you and how they can be of benefit. For example, should you tackle your cleaning requirements in-house? Or outsource them to a professional cleaning company. And is there a distinction between commercial cleaning and office cleaning?
In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about what to expect from commercial cleaning services, including the standard duties of a commercial cleaner. Let’s get stuck in…
What is the meaning of commercial cleaning?
Commercial cleaning, very simply, is the cleaning undertaken by professional cleaners who are hired by a company or organisation via a third party. As an example, any shops, leisure centres, and office buildings are likely to hire commercial cleaning services to ensure that their premises are adequately cleaned and sanitised for health, safety, and presentation purposes.
Is it the same as office cleaning?
So, is commercial cleaning the same as office cleaning? Technically yes. Commercial cleaning does typically include office cleaning, however, there is a slight distinction. For example, office cleaning is a specialised service that focuses specifically on offices and their unique needs. Whereas commercial cleaning is a wider cleaning service that caters to all commercial businesses – including large office buildings with multiple companies operating in one single building.
In any case, if you are looking to have your office cleaned, you can search for both commercial and office cleaning and you will find what you are looking for.
What are the duties of a commercial cleaner?
And what are the duties of a commercial cleaner? What can you expect when you pay for such a service? Here’s a closer look:
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping all floors.
- Dusting and buffing all furniture throughout.
- Moving and cleaning under the furniture and appliances.
- Removing cobwebs from ceilings and corners.
- Cleaning all walls and doors throughout.
- Sanitising door handles, handrails, and all other surfaces that receive a lot of ‘hand traffic’.
- Cleaning, scrubbing, and sanitising toilets.
- Cleaning and sanitising the lunchroom areas and kitchen appliances.
- Emptying and replacing all trash cans.
- Removing recycling and disposing of it accordingly.
- Cleaning and maintaining the external premises.
Above is a general overview of a commercial cleaner’s typical duties, however, they may also include other cleaning tasks depending on the type of commercial establishment. For example:
- Commercial cleaners who are hired to clean restaurants with kitchen and dining areas will require a much more thorough and deeper cleaning. This is because restaurants serve food to the public and thus are required to meet exceptionally high sanitation standards.
- Schools on the other hand will have commercial cleaners focusing more on the bathroom areas.
- Shopping malls and leisure centres won’t just require flooring cleaning and mopping, but surface buffing as well.
- Hotels often have in-house cleaning departments to turn around rooms, however, for smaller boutiques with limited resources, a third party may be called in to clean all of the public areas throughout. Serviced apartments function in a similar way.
- Office buildings may need to hire a specialist window cleaning service for the external windows, whereas most commercial cleaners will likely take care of the inside windows.
What are the benefits of hiring a commercial cleaning service?
You may think it in your interest to try and save money by taking care of your cleaning requirements in-house, but you’ll be taking precious recourses away from the tasks that matter most. Below are the irrefutable benefits of outsourcing your commercial cleaning needs to professionals:
- Increased employee productivity: nobody wants to work in a filthy environment and that is a fact. Unless of course, you’re in the sewage industry, in which case you’ll be getting paid extra for getting your hands dirty. In any case, a clean office environment is the key to boosting employee productivity.
- Fewer sick days: a clean and sanitary environment will significantly reduce the spread of sickness and infection. This is particularly important for high-traffic areas such as the lunchroom. If you want your employees to be fit and healthy, provide them with a clean and safe environment in which they can thrive.
- A professional appearance: keeping up appearances is everything in business and the state of your establishment speaks volumes. If you want your employees and customers/clients to respect your business, you need to present yourself accordingly. Commercial cleaning is critical for maintaining a professional outward appearance.
- Bolster morale: people feel good when they’re in a clean environment. If your employees are constantly coming into the office to find yesterday’s snacks in their trash can and old food spillages in the microwave, then they’re not going to be feeling their best.
- You can actually save money: again, not only can hiring the professionals to clean your establishment allow you and your staff to focus your precious time on the tasks that matter, but you’ll also be able to keep your furniture and equipment in tip-top condition. An office that isn’t properly cleaned and maintained will quickly fall into disrepair – especially as your employees will respect their equipment less.
- A superior cleaning quality: you might assume that anyone can clean, but there is a huge difference between an amateur giving it a go because their boss ordered them to, and a professional carrying out their duties to the best of their abilities because it is what they have been trained to do.
- Commercial cleaning is the cleaning undertaken by professional cleaners who are hired by a company or organisation via a third party.
- Office cleaning falls under the ‘commercial cleaning’ umbrella.
- Commercial cleaners have a wide range of duties and will get deep into all the nooks and crannies that would otherwise go unnoticed.
- There are many unbeatable benefits to hiring a professional commercial cleaning service.
If you are interested in hiring professionals to keep your commercial premises looking spick and span, we highly recommend checking out a reputable company like Enjoy Life Cleaning Services in Sydney. We hope you’ve found this article inspiring and wish you the best of luck!